Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Featured artist Aly from DaintycrochetbyAly



Who are you?
Aly is the person behind the hook, always, thinking about the magic world of crochet. My hook understand me and I hold her carefully. I have a little boy and husband, I am originally from Venezuela, a hot country with kind people! ;-)
What do you create?
I crochet anything that comes to my mind and I see in my dreams, inspiration is everywhere... and I never know where is going to take me next time....lately I have been more creative with necklaces, its been my favorite thing to do. I used to do a little each sumer and this year my creativity has been focused on that.
How long have you been doing your craft?
Since I was a very little girl, my oldest sister taught me the basics, and while she was sewing, she kept next to her, we were always busy doing something, we never had time to be bored!, Through the years, I became really obsessed with crocheting, you wouldn't believe!! all the places I used to be crocheting, my classmates and teachers always saw me crocheting ! my family and friends, everybody knew about it!, seriously, I can't stop!.
What do you like about creating?
I love seeing just a thin thread becoming something...beads and threads are my favorites materials.
What do you like about your business?
I like creating something for people that they treasure, I love spreading the word about an art that many people consider something from the past, I hear all the time, "my grandma used to crochet".
How did you find out about Etsy?
One day I was thinking of designing a flower and I started looking for real pictures of flowers, I found flickr and next thing, I found etsy!
Do you sell your products anywhere other than Etsy?
Not right now.
What do you do when you're not creating products for your shop?
I take care of my litlle boy and family!, my most important thing ! My universe. Our blessing. :-)

1 comment:

Beth said...

Aly's work is so beautiful! She is joyful in her soul and that translates to her wonderful pieces!

norakaren Bridal Collection

Create your own video slideshow at animoto.com.